Job Forms allow you to build custom forms such as a work order or an install check list. For example, job forms can be used to collect the cabinet, sink, edge detail and color selections. You can have multiple copies of a form on a single job; one for each room or area. Here is a library of forms you can import or look at for ideas - http://jobtrackerforms.wordpress.com/category/job-form/
- Start with a blank form or copy an existing form
- Add fields
- Fine tune the format
- (Optional) Add to Job Template and Activity Packets
- Enter data and print the form
- Go to Job > Edit Settings and click on Forms
- Double-click on the form template to edit an existing form or click on OR click on a form template name and select "Duplicate Form Template..."
- Click on the body of the form and select a data type. See the bottom of this article for an explanation of data types.
- Add more fields and modify the format. Here's how to change the look of forms:
- Move a field by dragging and dropping. Display multiple fields on a single row by clicking on a field and dragging it next to another field until you see
- Click to change the form width and set default values for borders, label position, font, text color and background color.
- Double-click on a field to change the settings for styles, hiding when blank and only showing on printable view. To make style changes to multiple fields, click and select Edit Form Fields...
- Select which Address lines are included by editing the field and clicking
- Hide the label (field name) by editing the field, selecting a Label Position of Left or Right and entering 0 in the Width% field.
- Add a logo to the header by clicking on the form and selecting "Edit Header..." Click on to the right of Logo and select <New Logo File>. Navigate to the logo file and click OK (The logo file must have an extension of .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png)
- Delete a field by clicking on it and selecting Delete. To delete multiple fields, click and select Delete Form Fields...
For fields with a data type of "list of values", delete the values before you delete the field. (Select 'Edit List of Values', click , highlight all values and click OK.)
- Hide the form details on the Job Detail page by clicking on and deselecting Expand on Job Detail Page.
- Print current date and time by inserting a Static Text field and clicking on to select the date and time formats.
- (Optional) Add your form to a Job Template or Activity Packet.
- Enter data or print the form.
- Go to Job > View Jobs and double-click on the desired job name
- Click on in the Forms section of the Job Detail page and select the desired form template
- Double-click on the name of the form template in the Forms section to enter data
- Click on in the Forms section. Then, print the form from your web browser. (File > Print) If necessary, change your web browser print settings to prevent the URL or other text from printing at the top or bottom of the page and to adjust the margins.
- (Optional) To modify the form template, click on the Form Name and select "Edit Form Template". After you've made your changes, click the back button on your browser or use your Backspace key to return to the Job Detail page.
(Rarely used) To move a custom field from the Job Info area to the form, click on . Only use this function if you want to change where values are entered for a custom job field from the Job Info area to a job form. All the values for that field on all of your jobs will be copied to the form. Once this is done you should delete the custom field from the job.
|You can not copy the values for the field back to the Job Info area.|
- Related Info - Display existing fields from your database
- Job Info - Job and Account Info fields
- Activity Info - Job Activity Info fields such as date, start time, assignee etc.
- Form Info - Fields from other jobs forms
- Quote Info - Quote Info fields. NOTE: It is not possible to print quote line items on a Job Form. However, you can print a quote, with or without prices, as part of an activity packet on the Calendar page.
- PO Info - Purchase Order Info fields
- Data Input - Create new data entry fields
- Auto-number - assigns the next available number when the form is added to a job
- Checkbox - inserts a checkbox
- Currency - for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports. Only numbers are allowed. The field prints with a currency symbol and 2 decimal places.
- Date - ensures a valid date is entered and allows reporting based on dates
- Link - use for a hyperlink to a website, or the location of a file or folder on your network. For a website, use the complete address such as http://www.moraware.com. For a folder on your local network use the format \\machinename\sharefile\foldername. NOTE: The names cannot contain any spaces. Local network links aren't supported by Mozilla Firefox. Use Internet Explorer instead.
- List of values - use when you want a field to have a drop down list
- Multi-line text - for long data entry fields such as notes
- Number - for fields you may want to summarize on the calendar or reports. Only numbers are allowed
- Text - for data entry fields up to 80 characters
- Page break - inserts a page break
- Separator - for section headers to make the form more readable
- Static Image - attach a file with the image you want to display. The image must be in a BMP, JPEG, GIF or PNG file.
- Static Text - enter text for display only. Does not allow data entry.
*To create a quote, estimate or proposal form, read the information for quote printable forms.