You can customize how the data is displayed on many of the pages in JobTracker by creating custom views. Each user can create views to focus on the data that they care about. You can look at some specific examples of job views, calendar views, product views, Serialized Inventory Detail View or review the general instructions below for creating your own.
- Views can be created on the Jobs, Accounts, Quotes, Calendar, Purchase Orders, Supplier,
Inventory, Edit Prices, Edit Costs and Report pages. Depending on which page you want to create a view for, Go to Job > View Jobs, Calendar > View Calendar etc.
- Click on and define how you would like the page to look.
- The Options dialog box for each of the pages has slight variations, but here are a few concepts:
- The first few selections allow you to limit the records that are displayed by selecting the values you are interested in for specific fields.
- Filters provide additional selection criteria for your view.
- Click the button to select the fields you'd like to display. Drag and drop the fields to change the order.
- You can change the number of rows that display on each page. If you plan to Import the Data into MS Excel make sure the rows per page is at least the total number of rows in your view.
- After selecting the options you would like, click OK. The page will now be displayed as you specified in the options.
- To save the view you just created, click on and type in a name.
Additional information about views
- To see a list of available views, click on
- To make a view your default view, click on [Make default] next to the view name.
- To define a default view for users who have not chosen one, create a view named "standard view". This view will become their default.
- To replace an existing view, click on and type in the name of the view you want to overwrite.
- To delete a view, click on the to the right of the view name.
- To print a view, click on the button adjust the Rows per page to be at least the total number of rows in your View or report and then use the print option on your browser.
- Import Data into MS Excel