We have too much money and not enough code. We came into this money by selling a few new subscriptions to our SaaS application every month for over 16 years, with no investors or debt.
Our business is growing fast and we need to hire an additional developer to help us keep pace. Today there are 11 people at our company, and more than 2000 customers who are paying us to help them run their businesses. We want to improve our products, build new products, and improve our internal infrastructure. But all of that is worthless if we’re not satisfied, happy, and have sane lives, too.
Here’s why I love working at Moraware:
- We care deeply about quality of life, not global domination.
- I get to talk to smart people that are my friends every day.
- I get to make changes that impact the success of our business, and the success of our customers’ businesses.
- We all have flexibility in terms of schedule, and what we’re working on.
- I get to work on a variety of projects that keep me interested in the work.
What to Expect
Everyone in the company works remotely from home. Communication and collaboration are critical for us. We’re on Skype with each other multiple times a day, to check in on progress, design a new feature, collaborate on how to structure some code, or to tell a funny story about what happened last night. We also get together multiple times throughout the year to spend time collaborating together in person.
What We’re Looking For
We’re adding another member to our Development and Operations team. Our Development and Operations team members spend part of their time working on building software and part of their time ensuring that our servers are running smoothly.
Some of the projects we are working on:
- Adding new features to make our customers businesses run more efficiently
- Creating new tools and improving existing tools to make life easier for our Support and Sales teams
- Configuring new Windows servers occasionally
- Installing Windows updates every month
- Monitoring the servers for errors
- Writing new stored procedures, or optimizing existing queries for SQL Server 2017
As a stable and profitable company, we offer all the expected salary, benefits, and vacation of any great employer.
How to Apply
If you love the things we love, and you are interested in the projects we’re working on, here’s what you should do. DO NOT send us a resume. I’m sure your resume is terrible, because they all are. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- 3-10 sentences describing why you are proud of one project you have worked on
- 3-10 sentences about why you are qualified to work on some of the projects we listed above
- which of these 5 states you are living in: California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington
Moraware is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visa’s at this time.