TIPS, TRICKS, AND NEWS FROM MORAWARE
1. Tips & Tricks
2. Enterprise Tips & Tricks
3. What’s new in JobTracker v2.3
4. Case Study: Laminated Tops
5. Moraware News
6. Sign up to win a chance at a free IPOD!
7. Spring Cleaning
1. TIPS & TRICKS
* Create Views: You can customize the way you look at JobTracker to
see only the information you care about. You can create overviews or
create a to-do list for the day by selecting columns and adding
* Custom Job Forms: You can create custom forms to match the
paperwork you were using in the office before JobTracker. Once
they’re created you can print the forms from the Job Detail or
2. ENTERPRISE EDITION TIPS & TRICKS
* Quote Display Fields: You can decide whether you show unit prices,
quantities, or measurements on the printable view of quotes. The info
you don’t want printed still appears on the Quote Detail.
3. JOBTRACKER V2.3
We released JobTracker v2.3 on 2/13/08. The highlights of the new
– Associating issues with accounts
– Attaching a picture to serialized inventory
– Printing Job Issues
– Log changes to Purchase Orders
– Specify sort order of “list of values” fields
– Form Fields included in search
– Support for mobile device access
If you’re not current on maintenance, you’re missing out.
4. CASE STUDY
Laminated Tops of Central Indiana, founded in 1969, and a Moraware
customer since 2004, talks about how they left whiteboards, hand-
written notes to eliminate miscommunication problems.
5. MORAWARE NEWS
* We won an award! We’re very proud of the recognition from ISSFA.
* Come meet us in person at a trade show.
Coverings, April 29- May 2, Orlando, FL
6. WIN A FREE IPOD
*We’re having a contest & giving away a free IPOD. Here’s how to sign
1. Take a screenshot of your favorite page and view in Moraware
2. Write 100 words or less about how you use the page, and why you
like it the most.
3. Send your screenshot and explanation to
email@example.com along with your name, phone #, and the
name of the company you work for.
4. We’ll evaluate the responses, and the best one will be published
in the next newsletter. And the winner gets an IPOD, too.
7. Spring Cleaning
Review your users and permissions. (Admin > Users) Delete the user
name of anyone that has left the company.
If you don’t have separate user names for each person start using
them! JobTracker logs changes to job information fields, job activity
fields, job form fields, quote information fields and purchase order
fields. You can also view a log of all the changes made by a user.
At a minimum you should have at least two user accounts with
Administrator access incase one of them becomes locked. When the
message “This account has been locked” is displayed on the Sign In
page, it means that an incorrect password has been entered more than 5
times for the user. The user account will be locked for 30 minutes or
until a system administrator unlocks it. Remember that passwords are